August 17th is National Nonprofit Day! While Goodr is a certified B-Corp, rather than a nonprofit, we couldn’t do everything we do without the help of our incredible nonprofit network.
Nonprofits play a crucial part in Surplus Food Recovery, one of the Goodr food waste solutions. When our partners have excess food, they place a pickup through the Goodr app. From there, one of our drivers retrieves the food from the location and reroutes it to a nearby nonprofit. The nonprofit then receives the food and distributes it to its clients. This helps us get good food to people that will enjoy it and keep it out of landfills.
In honor of National Nonprofit Day, we’re highlighting some of the nonprofits we work with across the country to feed those dealing with food insecurity. Keep reading to learn more about them!
- Atlanta Mission (Atlanta, GA) – The Atlanta Mission empowers those experiencing homelessness in Atlanta. They are Atlanta’s biggest and longest-running homeless service provider.
- The Stewpot (Dallas, TX) – The Stewpot offers a safe place for those experiencing homelessness and at-risk individuals in Dallas. They provide resources and basic needs, helping people turn their lives around.
- Benefits in Action (Denver, CO) – Benefits in Action’s mission is to help individuals understand the health-related benefits they qualify for. They help people applyfor the benefits and ensure they are utilizing them effectively.
- Lowell Transitional Living Center (Massachusetts) – Lowell Transitional Living Center is a caring homeless shelter providing basic needs along with programs and services to help those they serve to transition from shelter to a permanent home.
- Solomon’s Temple (Atlanta, GA) – Solomon’s Temple is a 130-unit residential space in Atlanta for women experiencing homelessness and their children. They use a unique approach to support and guide families toward lives of independence.
- Covenant House (Nationwide) – Covenant House provides an inclusive and safe space, along with programs and resources, for youth who are experiencing homelessness. Over the years, Covenant House has helped over 1 million homeless youth across the globe!
- CHRIS 180 (Atlanta, GA) – Chris 180 serves the Atlanta community by offering holistic mental health services to those suffering from trauma, family issues, substance use, and other mental health difficulties.
- Central Union Mission (Washington, D.C.) – Central Union Mission serves the DC community by offering services and programs to rehabilitate criminal offenders, those experiencing homelessness, gang members, and those suffering from substance dependency.
- Operation Peace (Atlanta, GA) – Operation Peace is an after-school program that provides free transportation, snacks & dinner, homework help, recreation, and enrichment programs to keep kids focused and away from risky situations.
We appreciate all our nonprofits for their partnership and support as we feed more and waste less.
Is your organization interested in joining the Goodr nonprofit network? Fill out the form below and a member of our team will follow up with you about getting started.